Heavy wrecking truck M1

Sean N

Richard

I though Spike Milligan was Eccles and his artillery gun which was not dug in correctly, went down the side of a hill passing Ned Seagoon (Harry Secombe). on its way.

I can not remember the exact words said, it was something like "has anyone seen my gun"

Mick

11 hours ago, 2691H said:

I can not remember the exact words said, it was something like "has anyone seen my gun?"

Spike was Eccles, though the Goons were post war, so interesting to see the name presumably wartime. Wonder if Spike got it from wartime usage.

Allegedly it was 'Has anyone seen a gun?' to which Secombe supposedly replied 'What colour was it?'

The right front view in the manual carries the name 'Lottie', so I assume the manual owner was involved with two of these while in the service.

Edited by Sean N
  • Like 2

The Goons met during WW2 whilst enlisted and performing in army unit shows, including Michael Bentine. First time Spike met Harry was when he lost his artillery gun. Books on these characters are well worth reading.

Hi All,

BAFO (British Air Forces of Occupation) RAF existed between 15th July 1945 and 1st Sept 1951.

Read all about it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Second_Tactical_Air_Force

CVTC was an official abbreviation for the Civilian Vocational Training Centre, I think training for Demob, but perhaps there were other usages too.

Best Regards,

Adrian