Bovingtons EX Finish stug 3

last year i was visiting the tank museum and was amazed that the ex finish stug was a cocked up mess someone had in the past few years sort of remodeled  it to look like a stug in in finish service in ww2 but in the remodel  had lost all the torsion bars so they welded up the suspension and it looks like they have also lost the original roof from the fighting compartment the main gun looks strange mint condition on the outside and crap on the inside ,whoever did this job seems to have been a bit careless with this rare stug  i was told last year that it was a stripped out hulk now with all the internal parts missing.is this conservation or are they now flogging all the internal bits.as i remember this stug when they got it was a great find and in running condition i was told

They had another much better running Stug which the current one replaced on display probably 10 to 20 years ago.  That then went into what was at the time a far from ideal storage building in which it started to deteriorate.   Just going from memory which others can correct me on they were then criticized as a registered museum for allowing it to deterioate and I believe it eas lent out to another Museum.   Others can confirm how accurate my memory is.

Edited by REME 245