Another No2 Modified stove

Surveyor

6 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

I had one of these back in the 80's and it said to use unleaded petrol, but this was well before Unleaded was available at filling stations.

Yes that's a puzzle, the instructions for this appear to be on metal and the others a "sticky label" need to source a supplier for the label

NSN  7310-990125-1745 indicates it is an early model.

Following the fitting of a new burner assembly which increased the thermal output, producing cleaner combustion & simpler to operate it was designated 7310-99-139-4087 on a replacement plate.

In this upgrade the brass instruction plate was removed & replaced by a self-adhesive label.

There were three issues of the upgrade. I don't know the actual date of the first issue but it was listed as current in Feb 1981, subsequent issues were Aug 1982 & Sep 1985.

Unmodified cookers were modified to the burner grid from Jul 1989

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fv1609 said:

In this upgrade the brass instruction plate was removed & replaced by a self-adhesive label.

There were three issues of the upgrade. I don't know the actual date of the first issue but it was listed as current in Feb 1981, subsequent issues were Aug 1982 & Sep 1985.

Unmodified cookers were modified to the burner grid from Jul 1989

Clive

Thanks for the information I have printed this thread off to go in my stove file

Richard