Norweigan wc54 radiovans

hanktheyank44

I am looking at the history of my Dodge WC54 and seeing it spent nearly 40 odd years in Norway I need a photo of an ambulance converted to a radiovan preferbly one that was in service. If I remember rightly my vehicle when in service was numbered 288 21 if I can get a picture that would be great. Someone in Norway must have them? Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Have you gotten your translations done? I'm curious if it has other plates inside than the Dodges we have.

Unfortunately no answer from the other forum, but I will tell you if I find out anything intresting. As for my self I'm trying to find out about wooden cabins built on the back of the WC series for use in Norway.

Marty

Hi

Not that I am an expert in English, but I do work with US technical documentation for a living. The Norwegian "overhalt" match the Danish "overhaling" but you would only use the danish word spoken, not in technical manuals and that kind of stuff. Now getting to the point, in US they have the word "overhaul" which means an overall service and check and replacing what ever may be worn out, changing fluids etc. If something are changed or modified for new purposes, I think an American will use the word "reconditioning", but I could be wrong.

Best regards

Do you have some pics of her ?? I would love to se her. I am thinking about buying one myself.

now that is a SILLY question, :-D about 2,500 I think. This one was taken on the 60th anniversary of teh Liberation in Jersey 2005. I come from there originally. She is named after my mother,before she died she asid to me' Don't save everything buy something you have always wanted;' So guess what? :-D

Hi

Not that I am an expert in English, but I do work with US technical documentation for a living. The Norwegian "overhalt" match the Danish "overhaling" but you would only use the danish word spoken, not in technical manuals and that kind of stuff. Now getting to the point, in US they have the word "overhaul" which means an overall service and check and replacing what ever may be worn out, changing fluids etc. If something are changed or modified for new purposes, I think an American will use the word "reconditioning", but I could be wrong.

Best regards

Thanks Kim, norway has been a good scource of dodges, this WC54 came from Norway as well. She belongs to a friend and is the one that started my love affair with Dodges.

now that is a SILLY question, :-D about 2,500 I think. This one was taken on the 60th anniversary of teh Liberation in Jersey 2005. I come from there originally. She is named after my mother,before she died she asid to me' Don't save everything buy something you have always wanted;' So guess what? :-D

She is Sweet :-) Very nice indeed !

Have you got any tips for me when looking for a dodge ??

She is Sweet :-) Very nice indeed !

Have you got any tips for me when looking for a dodge ??

4 wheelers are easier to maintain than 6 wheels. The winch can be a problem. I would go for a plain vanilla 12 volt WC51 like mine. There actually very reliable simple to service pieces of kit. the gearbox drive train is renowned for being noisy, as Dodge put it there designed for reliability not smoothness, but if kept properly lubricated there fine. The Dodge forum is at

http://forum.ww2dodge.com/

I think they are the best military 4x4 ever built.