CCKW Shop Van

shopnut

Any one out there with a CCKW, original U.S. shop van body fitted, can tell me if the fuel line from the tank to filter is one complete line or in two parts?, I am fitting a original tank, replacing a non-original tank fitted by previous owner, but unable to see how the fuel line connection can be attached to the stack pipe due to little access between tank and body.

If anyone also knows where I can find, if available, a workshop manual which relates to the shop van.

Thanks in advance.

Yes its for all try this

The source is the US Army logistics command which has a vast electronic library of manuals instantly available on line! The link I use to get directly to the electronic library is too long, so I'll step you through to the ETM Search page. Once you get there, bookmark THAT link and you can return with only one click.

The search page gives you the option of searching by PIN Number, EM Number, Pub Number (this is where you enter a particular TM you are looking for), Pub Title Text, LIN Search or NIIN search.

I did a Pub Title search for M35A2 and came up with 31 manuals covering everything from basic operator instructions to complete parts lists with illustrations to depot level repair manuals. A similar search for for LDS-465 gave me an illustrated parts manual, a troubleshooting manual, a depot complete engine disassembly manual, and a depot inspection and reassembly manual for the LDS-465 engine family!

If this interests you, first go to:

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/online.htm

Then, click on the "I Accept" tab at the bottom of the page. On the next screen, click on the "Enter the Site" link on the side. This will bring you to the "ETM Search" screen. BOOKMARK THIS PAGE IMMEDIATELY! That way you can get to the search screen with a single click.

For those not familiar with the military nomenclature for manuals, you will find mostly TMs, TBs, and LOs. TMs are the hardware manuals we are most interested in, TBs are generally allowable modifications to hardware for field use, and LOs are Lubrication orders.

If you did a Pub Title search for the M35A2, typical manual might come up as TM 9-2320-209-XX. TM of course stands for Technical Manual, I forgot what the 9 is for, 2320 stands for "Trucks and Truck Tractors, Wheeled", and 209 stands for the M44A1 and M44A2 truck chasis used as the basis for the 2-1/2 ton and 5 ton family of cargo trucks, vans, truck tractors, tankers, pole setting trucks and so forth. The XX at the end will be either a 10, which stands for operator level (how to operate the truck and its attached equipment); 20 which stands for unit level (basically the unit motor pool level of maintenance), or 34 which stands for Direct/General Support (i.e., Depot manitenance).