Rather expensive to me

cbranni

It makes me wonder why a buyer wades in with such bids, without what seems to me to do proper research? Or perhaps they just believe what the seller writes? Of course it depends how accurate he intends to restore it. A factory correct Flea must be worth somewhere between £5-£6K.......Unless I'm behind the times?

To find a WW2 engine, exhaust, carb, strangler, maze filter,  headlamp, footrests, tail lamp etc etc etc. Will undoubtedly put the budget well past it current resale value.....Labour not included........But I guess if everyone is happy.........🙄

I have quite a lot of pictures if needed. Ron

DSCF0857.jpg

DSCF0858.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

There is or was a cylinder head and barrel for one on ebay.

I was watching it too on ebay just out of interest....myself I know little of them at least not enough to bid on one. 

Duke, I can get one for you Mate. It was used by General Browning Himself. He got it from Sosabowski Who got it from a Sergeant in the Airborne L.I MT Section.  It's totally original including the Pizza Carrier Rack from Pizzaland, & only has 2 Miles on the clock. It needs a little 'Work' to remove the chrome & 20 mirrors. But the tyres Just hold Air & are the rare Totally smooth Desert Versions. It will pass an MOT if you put it through, as It is 'Original'!...….

I have it on impeccable authority from a bloke down the Pub. That this 'Gem' could be yours for ONLY £50,000.

A Bargain in anyone's opinion for certain!...……………;) 

Edited by ferretfixer

• 2 weeks later...
On 17 December 2018 at 7:54 AM, ferretfixer said:

Duke, I can get one for you Mate. It was used by General Browning Himself. He got it from Sosabowski Who got it from a Sergeant in the Airborne L.I MT Section.  It's totally original including the Pizza Carrier Rack from Pizzaland, & only has 2 Miles on the clock. It needs a little 'Work' to remove the chrome & 20 mirrors. But the tyres Just hold Air & are the rare Totally smooth Desert Versions. It will pass an MOT if you put it through, as It is 'Original'!...….

I have it on impeccable authority from a bloke down the Pub. That this 'Gem' could be yours for ONLY £50,000.

A Bargain in anyone's opinion for certain!...……………;) 

I'll take two....

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, Ron said:

I've seen that bike you're referring to Ferret and it's not as original as you think. The Foo Foo Valve that grinds the smoke is definitely post war and the valve caps are just tasteless modern things😕 Ron

Yes Ron, But He did replace the Doogammy flip lever & the Wassit Knob. So it all balances out in the end I guess?...

It's valve caps were missing. & he only put these on to contain the original Dirt & air in the tubes. It's attention to detail like this. That preserves history you Know!......🤥