cheap tanks???

haybaggerman

Been looking at the mortar investments site, £17,000 ish for a t55 and transporter? Lots and lots of goodies for the aspiring but naive tank collector such as myself to look at.

However, wouldn't fancy sending 50% money up front to a foreign company I didn't know, Plus, what are the minefields to importing these things?

Having said that I couldn't imagine a better road trip than driving your own Tatra and t55/t72 back across europe.

Any thoughts or experiences with these guys?

Paul

If you need to think about the money, you don't want it.

I think spending money on big armoured toys is one thing, but sending money off to unknowns in eastern europe in the hope of getting some service is worth thinking about first.

Would be interested to know if anyone has had dealings with them and how they got on. The SU-100 is out my my particular bracket though, but one can dream.............. and plan......... and then dream

• 1 month later...

>:(I would strongly advise not to, I paid a deposit to a guy called Radim and he is not replying to any of my calls, I have excepted the money has gone now. I bought instead from russiantruck with a contract, as it turns out Mortar investments own nothing besides the pictures. Where as russiantruck had a lot of viewable stock. And, he's a really friendly guy.

Thanks for the heads up Jonathon, you may have saved alot of other people a similar heartache.

As for that T55 on milweb/ebay if only it came 18 months later, I would be very interested in that one. Just spent lots of money at work and can't afford anything at the moment.......... :oops: :|>:( :-(

Paul