Deleted Orange & Freeserve dial up accounts

Marmite!!

Anyone who still has an Orange & Freeserve dial up accounts which they still use as email account will find that Orange have started deleting these accounts without warning, I have lost two email accounts this morning that I have used for the last 7 years using the restore & retrieve site is no use as the data is lost for good...

Any members who use a dial up email address for this forum is advised to change it asap..

More info...

http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=31

I'm still getting through on Orange broadband with my old Freeserve address. It would be sad to lose it as it is fairly easy to remember & I would lose contact with people who know it.

The trouble is far too many people know it & I get 500 spams a day which all started after advertising on milweb once. Only a handful of people know my wanadoo address & I get no spam there.

So I'll wait & see what happens. But I had thought anyway of using a disposable email address. Then you can see which address causes a spam & then just delete that offending address that you use. Anyone tried this & how easy is it to use?

You can use a trial version. The trouble is I downloaded a time limited trial a while ago but never got round to use it. It won't let me have another go.

http://www.anonymizer.com/consumer/products/nyms/

Anyone who still has an Orange & Freeserve dial up accounts which they still use as email account will find that Orange have started deleting these accounts without warning, I have lost two email accounts this morning that I have used for the last 7 years using the restore & retrieve site is no use as the data is lost for good...

Any members who use a dial up email address for this forum is advised to change it asap..

More info...

http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=31

The dial-up address will probably remain perfectly valid so long as you dial up once every something like 30 days (or it is attached to your broadband account). ISTR something in the Freeserve T&Cs about the right to delete unused accounts after 30 (may have been 90) days, but we are talking previous millennium here.

The dial-up address will probably remain perfectly valid so long as you dial up once every something like 30 days (or it is attached to your broadband account). ISTR something in the Freeserve T&Cs about the right to delete unused accounts after 30 (may have been 90) days, but we are talking previous millennium here.

It was 260days then all you had to do is reactivate it.. what they have done this time is to delete 1,000's of accounts without warning... leaving people with lots of problems.. I have certain web accounts registered using one of theses addresses, I can't change the email address as they send a notification & activation request to the old email address...