Morris J2 XZ 852

billh35

Can anyone shed any light on this County Armagh registered Morris J2 which I believe was a military vehicle in the early 60's? It is not an RAF J2 which were quite common in N.I. at the time moving staff to bases and remote radar stations but they all had sliding doors. 

I wonder what uniform the woman is wearing? It has been suggested she may have been Royal Observer Corps but the cap badge is different. Any help would be welcomed?

XZ 852.png

Edited by billh35

1 hour ago, billh35 said:

Can anyone shed any light on this County Armagh registered Morris J2 which I believe was a military vehicle in the early 60's? It is not an RAF J2 which were quite common in N.I. at the time moving staff to bases and remote radar stations but they all had sliding doors. 

I wonder what uniform the woman is wearing? It has been suggested she may have been Royal Observer Corps but the cap badge is different. Any help would be welcomed?

XZ 852.png

Civil Defence used J2 minibuses in England at that time. Don,t know if they operated in NI.

2 hours ago, billh35 said:

Certainly the Royal Observer Corps were active (although that is not a ROC uniform). I am sure the uniform is the key. The cap badge does look similar to Civil Defence badges worn during WWII.

I am thinking WVS, Womens Voluntary Service, which was part of CD as I recall and something about her uniform leads me to think this.