3hw rear number plate

jfligg

Any chance you could post or pm me a close up picture of the lamp you have fitted? I might be able to identify it. 

But regarding the correct lamp for a 3HW.. It's a WD bike and as such, would have had a Lucas WD MCT1 (fag end) lamp as on mine here. No number plate would have been fitted during the war.. If you are keeping the bike in civilian trim. The best thing would be the pre/early war spec number plate with a Lucas MT110 lamp....As fitted to my 3SW (second picture).  Ron 

3HW 237.jpg

3SW 139.jpg

Edited by Ron

• 1 month later...

Hi Ron

Sorry to use this topic and for my Bad english.

I juste start 3hw project and i dont Know how calculate a tank number.

My frame number is TL 50000

My engine number is 3HW 60000

How Can i calculate my tank number ?

Is it possible to Know on which army or division this motocycle as been un Time if War ?

Thank you and sorry afin to Come on this topic but i Saw you answered à samedi question on one ils one.

Regards

Pierre

Hello Pierre

Frame TL 50000 with engine 3HW 60000 was the 3583rd bike from 4000 built under contract number S5340 between June and October 1944. I calculate your tank census number to be C5570500.

It's usually impossible to know what unit they served with unless you are lucky enough to find any old markings. 

Ron Pier (formally St Pierre):thumbsup: 

23 minutes ago, Ron said:

Yes Pierre, from early in the 3HW contracts the engine numbers were 10000 ahead of the frame numbers. I've no idea why? But yes your frame and engine left the factory together....Very nice to have. Ron

Thanks again Ron.

I will publish pictures soon.

Regards