Don't cry for me.............

On this day in 1952, Eva Peron, died at the age of 33. Was she really the power in that troubled land?

On this day in 1945 Winston Churchill resigned as British Prime Minister. And went on to lose at the polls to Attlee.

And today a lot of school children think that Churchill is the puppet dog in an insurance advert.

• 2 weeks later...

well, the politico's don't want to keep being reminded, and as for teaching british history,........I'm guessing its politically incorect and racist, these days :whistle:

(not having any pop's at teachers,............who on the whole, do a good job in difficult circumstanses.)

• 1 month later...

Well put it this way, a history teacher said to me ' I don't know of any teacher who doesn't introduce the First World War, without using clips from Blackadder'. :argh: to start with the correct designation is 'The Great War', no one called it the first world war at the time or afterwards, BECAUSE they didn't know there was going to be a SECOND. >:( most knowledge kids have of WW2 seems to come form video games. :dunno:

PS During 2005 the 60th Anniversary of the Liberation of the Channel Islands, teachers were told not to refer to Germans but' Foreign Occupying Powers'.