2a FFR lwb with complete working radio setup

jarrett

For Sale is my unique 1967 ex-military Series IIa FFR 109 Land Rover. It was used as a development vehicle for the Rapier missile system and carried the ‘Special Project’ military registration mark of 00 SP 53. Because of this, it does not have the usual wear and tear you would expect on a service vehicle of this age and I suspect it spent most of its time at the BAE factory during the trials. It originally had some bracketry fitted to the rear seat-bases (all retained and included in the sale) which were designed to carry missiles even though its data plate states Fire Unit Rover Project Vehicle.

It has a current MOT certificate that is valid until June and from memory it has around 46,000 miles on the clock (which was rebuilt by speedy cables). It is tax exempt due to its age and retains all of its original military fittings which include: radio table, battery box, ops seats, standard wiring, side arms for the aerials, Nato (which is wired and working) and Warner plug sockets for a trailer (which was common during this transition period), shovel and pickaxe to the rear tailgate, original mirrors, indicator stalk and SLR rifle clips. The only things that have been changed are: the door tops, windscreen frame and glass (the original is included in the sale), a civilian distributor and plugs (again, the originals are included in the sale) and for safety, the headlights have been changed to halogen but the original bowls and bezels have been retained.

The sale will also include the radios, tele-printer (all in working order and will be checked again before you collect), cables, trays, atu's, spare paper and tape for the printer together with my stock of vehicle spares which include light lenses, charge panel, indicator stalks, centre exhaust section, road spring (new) two brand new genuine LR fuel tanks along with many other useful odds and ends. I would also include all the documents and photograph relating to this vehicle ie. Tax discs, MOT’s, re-build photographs etc.

Known minor problems, which I am unable to deal with due to poor health: a slight blow from the joint between the exhaust downpipe / exhaust manifold and the transfer box has an oil leak, but I will include the oil seal to rectify this.

£10,000

Email: mickb52@aol.com or Mobile tel: 07760 245593

Also available by separate negotiation.

An Australian SLR with early spec deactivation C. 14/09/95 so cocks, dry fires and can be field stripped. It comes with both wood and ABS furniture, inert ammunition, two magazines (one 20 round and one 30 round), a sling and bayonet,bfa,cleaning kit.

Landrover 2a for sale 005.jpg

Landrover.jpg

Landrover 2a for sale 004.jpg

Landrover 2a for sale 005.jpg

Landrover.jpg

Landrover 2a for sale 004.jpg