Suppliers section, my thoughts.

Jack

Dear all.

As promised here are my thoughts on a suppliers section as we have talked about it on and off for a while and it is a questions that keeps coming back round so hopefully this will answer most of the questions………

Firstly with regards to a having a good trader and a bad trader sections where we can discuss the good, the bad and ugly service we have all had from suppliers from vehicles suppliers to insurance companies. I am not opposed to this idea as a whole as it does offer some protection to the ‘end user’ and allows us all to get second opinions, which of course, are highly valuable in the own right.

However, this isn’t something that I am 100% comfortable with as any treatment, good or bad is to some point subjective. Yes, I agree that it is good to share our negative experiences so we can avoid people making the same mistakes, with the same companies but I think you can make a far more profound statement by NOT mentioning them and only recommending the good, professional business’s. Believe me, the bad ones will soon get the message when they start to lose market share.

To me, recommendation is stronger the condemnation.

That said, please feel free to PM anyone with your thoughts, but I don’t want to see it in the public domain.

Now, on a lighter note!

I am very keen to have a suppliers/trade section where all relevant business’s can advertise as this would help bring another dimension to HMVF. What I would like to do is to have a ‘trade forum’ where traders can have an online shop front, a place where they can tell us about their ranges, their sales, end of lines, latest stock etc etc. A place where we could ask them questions and get the answers………………..

This would take a small commitment from the trader but talking from great experience this is a very powerful and unique business tool, one which in my opinion is completely under exploited and for sure, is completely under estimated. The trader would have to put a small amount of time in to answer questions etc etc but the rewards would be very high as it wouldn’t take to long to become a favourite supplier. Lets face it there is enough people here already to keep them busy. Just think how wonderful it would be to be ask all of our favourite suppliers a question and get an online answer, in theory, you would be able to do all of your shopping here.

…………..well that is the plan, what do you think?

It sounds like a great idea Jack, I for one am comfortable sitting here ordering parts and the more people say that someone is good etc. the better it is for everyone, BUT! you will be going up against Milweb who are very established and on most people's tongue, so if we can get to that stage or more then :D

Mark

Hi forum members,

like jack i belive that to `name and shame ` would serve no purpose on a public forum, but can be dealt with via P.M. and only one problem with the recomended taders section is that my prefered trader for jeep items has no on-line facilities :cry:

I will say here that some dealers can be slow in answering e-mail enquiries (JMHO)

Ashley.

Ok, that feedback is helpful.

Mark, I hope this isn't viewed as being competition with Milweb,. Milweb is a very powerful tool and plays an inportant part in the MV world.

What I would like to see is place where we can talk semi 'live' to retailers and where they can post their latest news, products, shows etc etc.

Jack I was not comparing this with Milweb, its just that as you say it is very powerful and very set in the community, what I was trying to say (I am from Kent remember) if we could get as many traders as they have then we will be doing good, if however we have interactive traders then we will be one better. I hope that explains my rambling, if not then I will shuffle back into my garage and kick the chassis :?