FOrd thames E4 brakes

Louisa

Search the classic car sites. Get in touch with the owners clubs too, they will have a parts section. You will find them compatible with a lot of cars of that era, so brake components will be the same throughout the range.

Have you an old time motor factors near by?? They are a wealth of parts and info, plus they can cross reference brake parts for you.

That was my job many years ago, they will be easy to locate I should think.

Search the classic car sites. Get in touch with the owners clubs too, they will have a parts section. You will find them compatible with a lot of cars of that era, so brake components will be the same throughout the range.

I don't think you will find the Ford E4 brakes on any car, the E4 was a 3 ton 4x4 Light Anti Aircraft tractor.

Louisa,

Let me know what precise parts you are seeking and I will try and find part numbers to cross reference. I know the wheel cylinders were Girling manufacture.

regards, Richard

Thank you both for your replays.

RIchard i need shoes for the font axle and all springs I have the cylinders in both already.

Unfortunately the shoes were missing when I took them apart so that's what I'm struggling to

find the most.

thanks again

You could speak to 'Austin' on this forum, if it's the Commer cab Ford. He recently bought two or three of them. If he's making one out of two, he may have some parts left spare (though note I don't speak for him and I don't know his situation)

If you want a new shift lever gaiter I have several!

I don't think you will find the Ford E4 brakes on any car, the E4 was a 3 ton 4x4 Light Anti Aircraft tractor.

Louisa,

Let me know what precise parts you are seeking and I will try and find part numbers to cross reference. I know the wheel cylinders were Girling manufacture.

regards, Richard

Sorry,I just saw the Ford Thames part.

Found one on Milweb, rolling chassis any good?

Y:-that's a good idea silly question I know but how do I find'austin'? Do I just do a search on here?

I took a look at the link you provided and that looks like the right axle and stub shafts so hopefully the brakes should be the same!

Yea a rolling chassis or anything like that may contain the bits I need!

I will give the number in the advert a call and see what they have got!

Thanks again everyone I really appreciate all your help please keep me updated if you hear of any other leads

:-)

I think that is an old advert off a search engine as the business contacted me with these photos over a year ago I think. Seem to recollect it is in Sussex. Might still be there, worth chasing.

I thought that; it comes up on Google, but not on Milweb's listings. I think Milweb are sometimes not too good at deleting expired ads. If you look at Milweb's classified ad listings now, there don't seem to be any Commer cab Fords. However, I wanted to confirm that was the one Hoseman was referring to, and there doesn't seem any harm Louisa calling about it; worst case, she's in no worse position than now.