metal spring hose for battery cables bedford MW?

Danny P

I don't know if this is a good description but let me name it "metal spring casing" which were around the battery cables of my bedford MW. The longer one was around the positive cable and the short one around the negative cable of course. Is this correct?

I don't know if this is an original bedford MW part but its function seems logical to me. It will prevent wearing of the cables entering the battery box. But how are they held in place? I'm sure somebody knows.

Thanks, Danny

20161202_204143.jpg

We have longer examples of that for our Humber AC's positive connection from the master battery cut off switch to the starter itself.

Over on this side of the pond that'd be called a length of flexible metallic conduit with a set of anti-wear bushings on the end.

You would hold it in place in one spot or two with some cable clips. Stamped sheet metal P clips as it were.

Hi Danny

They were in place on my MW , we replaced the cable and these were a tight fit ,so didn't really need anything to hold them in place when they were re fitted.

Dave

I don't know if this is a good description but let me name it "metal spring casing" which were around the battery cables of my bedford MW. The longer one was around the positive cable and the short one around the negative cable of course. Is this correct?

I don't know if this is an original bedford MW part but its function seems logical to me. It will prevent wearing of the cables entering the battery box. But how are they held in place? I'm sure somebody knows.

Thanks, Danny

[ATTACH=CONFIG]120675[/ATTACH]

Edited by Davey089