New member with an interest in former Blackpool corporation diamond T

Hi there,

my my name is Matt. I joined this forum after finding pictures of the former Blackpool corporation diamond T. I meyself have a few former Blackpool tramcars and am looking at making a display of them. The diamond T brings back many memories for myself and some of my friends who used to drive her in service. Where is it located now?

many thanks

matt

Hi there,

my my name is Matt. I joined this forum after finding pictures of the former Blackpool corporation diamond T. I meyself have a few former Blackpool tramcars and am looking at making a display of them. The diamond T brings back many memories for myself and some of my friends who used to drive her in service. Where is it located now?

many thanks

matt

I don't know where it is located but it appeared on here looking ready for a bit of tlc in a thread a few years ago.http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?7379-Diamond-T-Gallery&p=306808#post306808

Ask about but no joy on location or owner but this is what I can find. (thanks to Sam Goddard)

Q645 GFV was purchased by the Blackpool Corporation in 1947 direct from military service for £550, as it was required to replace the many converted bus/ recovery trucks being used at the time. the truck's first years in service it remained in it's military colours being re painted in yellow/black in the early 50's. the truck carried many different fleet numbers other it's years starting with 115, in 1970 it was changed to 405 & in 1996 it was changed again to 905. the truck left active service in September 1996 and then sold into preservation in 1997 to some one in Yorkshire were it is believed to still be sitting in a part dismantled state. the attached pic was taken in 1967FB_IMG_1478592784462.jpg

FB_IMG_1478592773662.jpg