Troostwijk auctions...

paul connor

Question

Has anyone had dealings with this company, if so, what are they like?

I'm tempted with a vehicle they have for sale, but I'm unsure of what tax is applied to sale prices, and also import implications of a purchase?

Something that's cheap usual never ends up that way, so hopefully someone has had dealing and can advise.

Thanks guys

Paul

8 answers to this question

Has anyone had dealings with this company, if so, what are they like?

I'm tempted with a vehicle they have for sale, but I'm unsure of what tax is applied to sale prices, and also import implications of a purchase?

Something that's cheap usual never ends up that way, so hopefully someone has had dealing and can advise.

Thanks guys

Paul

As a company they are fine, infact very hepful. If its auction then their premium is I think 16% as to wether vat is applied that depends if vat have been claimed back in the passed. Something to take into account is getting the vehicle back, thats when it can become exspensive. BUt as I said as a company they are fine.

If its an EU company is VAT paid at source to them with no additional taxes from HMG??

Yes.

We found them to be very good when collection time came around, yes it was about 2 weeks after auction, but that was not a problem for us. It took us the best part of the day to load and they helped us when required.

I found them totally unhelpful. I asked for the serial number of a gun I wanted to bid on, the answer was, you'll have to come and see it, so much for the internet... So I didn't bother bidding

Thats a shame, but I guess thats why they have viewing days, shame is most of their auctions are in Holland.

Out of interest I wonder what the reply from Withams would be if a similar question was asked. I suppose you can only commment on dealings with them, in my case 100% positive.....

Thats a shame, but I guess thats why they have viewing days, shame is most of their auctions are in Holland.

Out of interest I wonder what the reply from Withams would be if a similar question was asked. I suppose you can only commment on dealings with them, in my case 100% positive.....

I needed a serial number to see if I could get insurance, Bea at Withams was brilliant getting it for me, other times had questions response came back accurately