Ferret Sand channels being made in the USA

njjeeper

The company that makes M151 panels here in the US just started making Ferret sand channels. I got one of the first sets and took some pics of them on my Ferret. If anyone is interested, they are $350 per set plus shipping. Can contact them here: http://www.m151bodypanels.com/contact.htm

Please ignore the state of my ferret. I'm installing mirror mounts and smoke grenade launchers so it's a bit of a mess :)

Pics!

20160802_191855.jpg

20160802_191847_resized.jpg

Can you confirm for sure that even the early version of these have the reinforcement pressing? My understanding is that the channels changed a few times over the course of the production. I know that CMD copied a channel that was taken directly off an MK 2/1 Ferret.

Also, for me, its about the alternative. Is there is a source of original stamping channels out there? I think every Ferret would have them if there was. Rather what I see is nearly every restored ferret either has PSP or nothing on the front of it. Perhaps I am not enough of a stickler for perfect but if I lined up 1000 people from an average military vehicle show, 1000 of them would have no idea what the reinforcement dimple is. Heck, most have never seen a Ferret.

Anyway, I just figured I would post up what I found. If nobody has any interest, I am sure they will become NLA and it will be back to PSP. There was another guy in the USA a few years ago who did this and he disappeared...

I tend to agree with Terry and take the same view that without the pressings they are just not quite right.

The pressings were there one every genuine one I have seen.

Interesting that some nations did not use them at all, there has yet to surface a single photo of the Canadian ferrets ever having them.

Robin

Hey guys. So I'm the one that made the set for njjeeper. Like he said, I copied what was provided. I might have a source that has the style with the rib and end plates that I could look at. If there is a demand, I would have no problem making them match that style. If it's just tire kickers, I won't invest my time or shop time in making the tooling.

Guy

If I still had a Ferret I would definitely have some, with the updates of course. They look well made and finished.

Much better than paying silly money for cuts from PSP that was made by the million....

Nice one !

Iain

If I still had a Ferret I would definitely have some, with the updates of course. They look well made and finished.

Much better than paying silly money for cuts from PSP that was made by the million....

Nice one !

Iain

Great news that someone is finally making these. The main pressings are the difficult bit and I would have thought it a comparatively easy matter to make the reinforcing strips if you really wanted to add them.Well done that man!