Jeep combat rims

phil.c

I straightenned mine myself , used a jeep trailer axle which I fastenned to a workbench , and then put a jack on the workbench to push carefully on the outside of the rim on several positions to press it straight again .

It really depends on the degree of distortion and the physical condition of the rim.

A large capacity hydraulic press and some heavy forming bars will do the job if the distortion is not excessive. It's worth however bearing in mind that the combat rim is a relatively heavy piece of kit when mounted with a tire and the whole assembly revolves at fairly high RMP on the road even a small distortion can lead to tire wear, wheel tramping and at worst the death wobble not something you want to experience more then once (unless you posses an unlimited supply of clean underwear :wow:).

Reproduction combat rims are not that expensive and easily obtainable I've used several and they fit together well and mount with no balancing being required.

Pete