AEC 850 or FWD R6T

george

Can anybody help with information on one or either of these vehicles. I have a number of photographs of both the recovery and artillery towing vehicles, but is there? are there ? any lubrication or details of the chassis layout.

I understand there was a contemporary article written in the 1930's which had drawings of the chassis, but am unable to find out which journal and the date...."Commercial Motor"......"??? Engineer".....not sure.

I have photographed (extensively) the Duxford example, but a lot is un-get-attable....the engine appears to have its own sub chassis mounted off centre, and the arrangement of the girder-like structure that supported the rear WD type axle is still a bit of a mystery.....(got severly reprimanded for crawling under the exhibit)......though I had sought permission !

I understand two examples were gifted to REME, and are under restoration, can anyone shed light on where they are ?

A lot of asks, but any help is appreciated.

I can be emailed at "georgemoore66@hotmail.co.uk......

Thanks

George.