How many Club Newsletters do we have out there?

CMP-Phil

Hi All

Trying to get a idea of the general health of MV Clubs, out there, one gauge of that is how many Local Club Newsletters, either print or electronic do we have out there?

How regularly are they published or updated?

Does your Local Club have a regular publication give us the name of the club and region, please.

Cheers Phil

I'll Start -

MVMVC (Merrimack Valley Military Vehicle Collectors) Northern New England, USA- monthly printed newsletter and club web page

Not many I would think Phil. The UK being a lot smaller than the USA we really only have two club newsletters/magazines, Windscreen for the MVT and Imprint for the Invicta Military Vehicles Preservation Society.

Thanks for the reply, yes I've had the pleasure of reading MVT Windscreen on a number of occasions, have also been read the [h=2]Decent classic military vehicle magazines?[/h] thread, with interest as it relates to commercial MV publications.

What I'm wondering is what is tieng MV enthusiasts together, as you point out the UK is smaller than the US. How do the regional groups get club information out to their members?

Cheers Phil

Hi All

Trying to get a idea of the general health of MV Clubs, out there, one gauge of that is how many Local Club Newsletters, either print or electronic do we have out there?

How regularly are they published or updated?

Does your Local Club have a regular publication give us the name of the club and region, please.

Cheers Phil

I'll Start -

MVMVC (Merrimack Valley Military Vehicle Collectors) Northern New England, USA- monthly printed newsletter and club web page

Hi Phil,

I take it your question is not just aimed at UK club newsletters?

I am editor of the monthly newsletter for the Australian ex-Military Vehicle Collectors Society, the club based in Sydney, NSW. Given my location, this may seem odd, but I took it on as a stop gap when the previous editor resigned and have now been doing it for over 2 years. It is on average about 18 pages, sometimes larger if a lot of coming event news is received. Mostly emailed out, but about 30% of members still request a printed copy, otherwise there would be no restraint on page numbers. This goes out monthly, except Jan and March when there are no meetings.

regards, Richard