Introduction from Yorkshire

Nic.Clay

I’ve been dipping in and out of the Forum as a guest for some years, so it’s only proper that I do the right thing and introduce myself. I’m based in Yorkshire, UK and some of you will have met me at the local shows (Elvington, Croft, Bradford, York, Durham) over the last four years where I take my vehicles. I currently have a FV436 and an Alvis Stalwart (622) and arguably a third in an Arrows 1.75T trailer.

I don’t claim to be a great mechanic, but I’m willing enough and have had the right support. Two friends locally provide the muscle and mechanical knowledge while I act as gopher and treasurer! And I’ve had tremendous support from the 432 Forum who have kept me on the straight and narrow in so many ways and even turned out last year to service the K60 pack. Unless you’re particularly talented MV ownership is a team sport!

I’ve reluctantly decided that Chieftain ownership is beyond me both financially and practically, but if anyone knows where there’s a really nice ‘Flying Pig’ looking for a new home I might be tempted to further foolishness!

DSCN3081.jpg

Here’s a couple of pictures of the current collection out showing their respects for the Remembrance Day Parade in Thirsk Market Place 8th November 2015.

DSCN3078.jpg

DSCN3079.jpg