GMC

whistlinwolf

Against my better judgement I have found myself looking at Jimmys :?

SWB soft cab with winch and engineering crane fitted under the canvas rear,good condition and runs well.

What sort of money are they worth in your opinions??

I know they vary a bit but ball park figures will do and then I can apply my vehicle buying logic/ Yorkshire cash carefulness to it :)

Tim(1)

Wolf when you say "engineering crane" do you mean a No7 set with an extended rail out over the back, and a sliding chain block?. Or sort of a wrecker crane with a raisable jib?

Full canvas set, doors, cab top and cab back, full tilt?

Whats the rubber like?

Banjo or split axle?

Wood bed or steel?

Brakes working?

Gun ring?

Throw all those in the melting pot first? Then we'll magic up a figure for you!

Also adds if it started life as a soft cab,there are quite a few earlier trucks which ended up with open cabs later in their life.also look at the set 7 (if that's what it has) and see if the block is an American or French made unit. see if it has the original data plates in the cab as these can cost to replace if you wanted it 100% correct.

Matt.

The grill is from a very early truck but it's been modified to have the extended left light guard,the fuel tank filler cap also looks like the earlier small type,the steering wheel is the earlier type too but many trucks did get these fitted post war.with it having those early features and a steel cargo body I think it could be as I suggested,a hard cab truck with a later open cab fitted.the only way of knowing for sure is to get the chassis number.

Matt.

Nice. May not be 'pure' as Matt says but any tidy drivable Deuce will hold its price. The No 7 set is not everybody's choice, but there are few around and makes it interesting. Limits usable space though.

Tyres look tidy and the canvas complete. Why it even has two mirrors, that alone would turn Jack green with envy.

If the brakes don't need attention, no overnight loss of fluid and she stops. I'd say its a tidy buy. The few small ' errors' would not deter others from buying at a later date. If the brakes are however dodgy, they could be expensive in time and parts to service. Check the exhaust manifold for blowing, £250 to replace and hard to find.

On a comparative basis, I'd put it on the high side of £3.1/2 plus. Min. Be pepared to pay more.

Hope this helps

Against my better judgement I have found myself looking at Jimmys :?

At last, Tim has seen sense..........why did it take so :roll: You know that God only made a few perfect vehicles, the rest where Jeeps, Dodges and Land Rovers :shock:

As Karoshi said, not to happy about it having TWO mirrors and I would also be concerned that we it is green...........GMC's should be red, shouldn't they?

Tim

Don't take any notice of Jack regarding colour, he's been worrying about what colour to paint his for so long he's now gone colour blind.

Cheers Degsy :oops: .............you do know red oxide is the new green :shock:

• 3 weeks later...