Carb setting on CVRT

agripper

Have had the Sabre of the road the last few months not been able to get the time to take her out and now got her running but not wanting to tick over. Have the user manual but cant find anything on setting up the carb. anyone able to help.

Hi Phil

I have this at home somewhere but from recollection you screw both screws fully in, then out 1.5 turns, then screw in slowly until the idle speed just starts to drop, then back a tad. Set the second screw to same position and you're done. There have been threads on this in the past if you do a search. Not sure this will solve your problem though - have you checked/ cleaned the fuel filter?

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Phil

Done that a few times! Have now perfected the art of doing it by myself using engine crane. If you attach it to the gun crutch it is pretty well balanced just lift a few inches then roll forwards, drop down and stand it against the front of the vehicle. With practice it can actually be done very quickly. The other option I have seen discussed but never tried is to use the gun itself - just attach, elevate and traverse. Would imagine you need 2 people for that though and then it is probably just as easy to lift off by hand.

Tim