CVR(T) Clutch bolt ID

teletech

I've gotten almost everything to put my clutch back together but need some funny little bolts:

I'd very much like the part number or other specifications for the bolt that holds the clutch lining on the shoe in petrol gearbox vehicles.

thanks much,

I dont know if these will come out very well but if it is item 30 on this diagram, then it is FV718974, or 5305-99-136-4725...

USI have them but I doubt if they will deal with individuals, but you can always try...

image.jpg

Hmmm, these appear to have come in upside down, not sure why, but hopefully you get the idea!

image.jpg

Thanks for the link.

I saw those in my search but they wanted £15 for shipping to the US! I would have done it but then I found some from BA BOLTS LIMITED with a much better shipping price.

They are of an unknown hardness (not specified in the description), too long (I'll cut them down), and untreated (I'll parkerize them myself) but they are on their way. This means I have enough parts to assemble one complete clutch unit.

Of course, I need two so if anyone has spares that aren't too dear I'd love to know about it.

• 9 months later...

It is worth knowing that a #2BA bolt is very much like a #10 32TPI screw. It's 1TPI different which means for your average 4-5 thread engagment it's only off about 15% in total timing which might just work if the threads are a bit sloppy or soft.

I ordered the right thing but if I had it to do over I might have just run a tap down the holes and gone with some easy to get bolts.