Post War VRNs for Willys/Bantam trailers remaining in British Service

simon king

Has anybody got a note of the range of two digit -two letter - two digit VRNs applied to Bantam/Willys trailers in the post-war renumbering process. I've got a list for the British built trailers but not for the American ones.

Thanks

Sorry Simon numbers 81 XE 55 TO 81 XE 84 numbers 81 XE 85 TO 99 XE 99 are a mixture of small trailers 5 cwt 10 cwt

15 cwt and 1 ton 2 wheel trailers these would need to be sorted to find the ones you are interested in 77 XE 80 to

81 XE 54 are listed as 5 cwt 2 wh L/W amphibious

Sorry Simon numbers 81 XE 55 TO 81 XE 84 numbers 81 XE 85 TO 99 XE 99 are a mixture of small trailers 5 cwt 10 cwt

15 cwt and 1 ton 2 wheel trailers these would need to be sorted to find the ones you are interested in 77 XE 80 to

81 XE 54 are listed as 5 cwt 2 wh L/W amphibious

Thanks Wally - your help is very much appreciated - so assuming that "5 cwt 2 wh L/W amphibious" trailers are Bantam trailers, which would make sense, we could see a 4x4 in the late forties/early fifties towing a Bantam trailer with the registration 77XE84 or 80XE32 from that range - these numbers being chosen by me at random.

SIMON as you know this post war numbering came in to use in 1949 so the answer is in any number yes l will look through the sales catalogues for the late 50s to mid 60s to see when they began to be released in any number

No need Wally - but thanks for the offer. I do appreciate it

I now have all the information required for this project.