Are the any ????

gas 44

Hi I'm up in Biggleswade with a WC54 currently rebuilding the engine but we also have a 1941 M3 halftrack, 1942 Ford GPW and a 1944 BSA Parabike, I know of another WC54 and a WC52 very close to Luton, mostly I am over at the Shuttleworth collection helping on the aircraft and vehicles there. Also there is a good sized group I know in Sywell Northampton way and another out Huntingdon way which we tag along with sometimes.

Steve

Hi I'm up in Biggleswade with a WC54 currently rebuilding the engine but we also have a 1941 M3 halftrack, 1942 Ford GPW and a 1944 BSA Parabike, I know of another WC54 and a WC52 very close to Luton, mostly I am over at the Shuttleworth collection helping on the aircraft and vehicles there. Also there is a good sized group I know in Sywell Northampton way and another out Huntingdon way which we tag along with sometimes.

Steve

Next Hunts Group road run is the 20th June.:cheesy:

Next Hunts Group road run is the 20th June.:cheesy:

This is what causes me so much trouble I'm volunteering at the collection's edwardian flying display where I might get the chance to drive one of the edwardian cars again, last time was a 1912 Wolseley which has been on site for 103 years, If anyone is in the area http://www.shuttleworth.org/events/edwardian/

Anyway I don't want to hijack gas 44's thread, what vehicles have your group got down in Luton?

Steve

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply, I think I'm aware of the Sywell group if thats the MVT, problem is there field sitting, one or two members there seem to have the idea that road run's ALL need police permission and whilst I dont agree with law breaking a dozen or so friends out for a drive with sensible spacing heading for a cuppa breaks no laws.I can recall one MVT member telling me chapter and verse how ARMOUR and EMBARCTION broke the law and no way would the police sanction such a thing.....yeah right.

Dont know the Huntington group and to be honest a bit far to get everyone to a common start point.

Edited by gas 44

The guys I know from Sywell are part of the MVT but the times we've been out with them we've just got on with it but I do know of people who are of the view that anymore than 3 vehicles constitutes a convoy and yada, yada, yada. If we go on group runs we avoid busy times, allow plenty of time in case of breakdowns and plan out who needs to stay behind with sick vehicles so we don't fill lay bys up. Hope to see you all about at some point and if we need some more WW2 vehicles at the Shuttleworth Collection I may come asking what you have and if you'd be interested?

Steve

The guys I know from Sywell are part of the MVT but the times we've been out with them we've just got on with it but I do know of people who are of the view that anymore than 3 vehicles constitutes a convoy and yada, yada, yada. If we go on group runs we avoid busy times, allow plenty of time in case of breakdowns and plan out who needs to stay behind with sick vehicles so we don't fill lay bys up. Hope to see you all about at some point and if we need some more WW2 vehicles at the Shuttleworth Collection I may come asking what you have and if you'd be interested?

Steve

Hi Steve,

The one big down point about the MVT based at Sywell is that on the MILITARY VEHICLE road run in the new year as a rule at least half of the people turn up in their civvy vehicles.

We are not too far from Shuttleworth so if you need need some motors give us a shout.

We are looking for WW2 vehicle owners that want to use their vehicles rather than count rivets...if you get my drift.

Hi Steve,

The one big down point about the MVT based at Sywell is that on the MILITARY VEHICLE road run in the new year as a rule at least half of the people turn up in their civvy vehicles.

We are not too far from Shuttleworth so if you need need some motors give us a shout.

We are looking for WW2 vehicle owners that want to use their vehicles rather than count rivets...if you get my drift.

That would be us at Hunts.MVT, we use the vehicles on road runs etc. more than counting rivets. We also have very little 'bumph' except where needed!

Cheers Gas 44 I'll keep you in mind, and having driven with some of the Hunts MVT I can agree they like to use their vehicles in the way they were designed. Don't forget about Wickstead Park this weekend if you find yourself lost of something to do I'll be up there on saturday with my uncle's jeep and halftrack. Plus there is a beer festival on site :cool2:

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Gas 44 I'll keep you in mind, and having driven with some of the Hunts MVT I can agree they like to use their vehicles in the way they were designed. Don't forget about Wickstead Park this weekend if you find yourself lost of something to do I'll be up there on saturday with my uncle's jeep and halftrack. Plus there is a beer festival on site :cool2:

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve re Wickstead I'm aware of the show...however I will be in Normandy using one of our vehicles.....:laugh: :laugh:

If you fancy a play one weekend drop me a pm.