Replacement battery for Bedford MW

44GPW

Question

Hi chaps,

I need to replace the battery in my MW. I've been looking at Heavy Duty models all of which seem to vary is spec.

Any recommendations please? Also what "ah" rating is best to go for? The higher rating the better i assume?

Thanks

Richard

6 answers to this question

Just read another thread where Richard Farrent recommends the 644 Tractor Battery for an OY.

Does anyone know if that will fit the the battery box of an MW? Battery size is 345mmL x 172mmW x 238mmH.

Price is £60 so very reasonable.

Thanks

Richard

Just read another thread where Richard Farrent recommends the 644 Tractor Battery for an OY.

Does anyone know if that will fit the the battery box of an MW? Battery size is 345mmL x 172mmW x 238mmH.

Price is £60 so very reasonable.

Thanks

Richard

Richard,

I have fitted the 644 to a MW and QL before, plenty of cranking power. £60 is a good price. If the terminals are wrong way around for your wiring, I think the 643 has them the other way around.

Richard,

I have fitted the 644 to a MW and QL before, plenty of cranking power. £60 is a good price. If the terminals are wrong way around for your wiring, I think the 643 has them the other way around.

Thanks Richard.

Would it not just be the case of rotating the battery 180 degrees to get the terminals in the correct position or am i missing something?