does anyone know what this is?

terryb

I don't have any of the older CES documents here, but I believe it was called a Beresford Funnel or something like that? Clive you're the expert on military sanitation.. am I right?

They are also used in aircraft such as the Vulcan for long missions where it might be a bit incovienient to stop for a comfort break.

From an online MoD document on AFV design;

10.8.5.6 Urine shall be collected separately in a Beresford funnel with bladder attachment, or

a device with similar dimensions and capacity. The Beresford funnel system should be stowed

adjacent to the commode to prevent urination into the latter, thus reducing the volume of

waste to be collected and stored, as well as the risk of overflowing. It should however be

possible to use the Beresford funnel system at other crew stations if required. Disposal of the

collected urine shall be carried out by connecting the end of the collecting bag (bladder) to an

internal disposal pipe for discharging by gravity directly outside the vehicle. The pipe shall be

fitted with a non-return valve.

From an online MoD document on AFV design;

10.8.5.6 Urine shall be collected separately in a Beresford funnel with bladder attachment, or

a device with similar dimensions and capacity. The Beresford funnel system should be stowed

adjacent to the commode to prevent urination into the latter, thus reducing the volume of

waste to be collected and stored, as well as the risk of overflowing. It should however be

possible to use the Beresford funnel system at other crew stations if required. Disposal of the

collected urine shall be carried out by connecting the end of the collecting bag (bladder) to an

internal disposal pipe for discharging by gravity directly outside the vehicle. The pipe shall be

fitted with a non-return valve.

Thank you Richard

Yes I have got it already Richard. But you were lucky to get that as nowadays DStans are only through the secure sso.defencegateway.mod.uk :D unless of course you pay one of these companies who somehow sell off documents that are issued free to approved sources.

Google is my friend !

A very good friend if you hit the right site! I started searching for DStans that I already to see what would turn up, mostly I was taken to subscription sites or required to make a payment of about $30 for a single document.

I'm trying to obtained a few obscure ones through official channels but they don't seem to hang around with them once they are pulled. So I might have to search a bit in the end.