WTK about .30 cal mount

Maverick

Hi, Lots of more knowledgable people on here who I am sure can give you more accurate info then I can, but I believe this is 1950/60's era mount, used on Saladin (commanders MG mount) and early Mk1 Ferrets. Not many around that I have seen, don't really know what price to put on it these days, would guess around the £200 mark? Cheers

Hi, Lots of more knowledgable people on here who I am sure can give you more accurate info then I can, but I believe this is 1950/60's era mount, used on Saladin (commanders MG mount) and early Mk1 Ferrets. Not many around that I have seen, don't really know what price to put on it these days, would guess around the £200 mark? Cheers

That's great thank you, look forward to hearing from the others 😀

Tend to agree. We were still using three-ohs on Mark 1 Ferrets into the 1980s. I really cannot remember now, but this looks remarkably similar. All I do remember (and coincidentally I was just thinking about it a day or two back) we only ever fired them once in the three years I was in Command Troop (with Mark 1 Ferrets) and the power of the MG and the movement of the mount made it possible to create a cone of fire while engaging a point target, that went out of arc on both sides, eliciting stern words from the control tower.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 years later...