Dear Tommy,

welcome to the forum, its a jovial kind of place and most people here are of good nature, that goes for the ladies as well as the chaps.

Obviously being a train driver the rough ride of the Jeep appeals, can I also suggest the Land Rover as being equally capable of a rough ride. . . .

Welcome along and have fun, thanks for introducing yourself.

R

Welcome in Tommy,

A word of caution when it comes to WW2 Jeeps, they didn't build them with bigger people in mind (there isn't much room between the back of the seat and the steering wheel). If you're anything like me and "well fed" it would pay to make sure that you fit before seriously shopping for one :D

Cheers,

Terry

I'm thinking of getting a CMP myself (F15A, Cab 13), but really don't like the pedal arrangement.

Cheers,

Terry

You get used to it pretty quickly. The good thing is you have the space and comfy seat (with the 13 cab), so it makes getting used to it easier.

When you're driving with a centre accelerator, it's counter intuitive to press the same pedal for brake, so you naturally go for the other one once you are used to where they are.

Edited by Lauren Child

You get used to it pretty quickly. The good thing is you have the space and comfy seat (with the 13 cab), so it makes getting used to it easier.

When you're driving with a centre accelerator, it's counter intuitive to press the same pedal for brake, so you naturally go for the other one once you are used to where they are.

Otherwise known as Bl**dy Scary! :D A friend has a vehicle with this layout and so were some early Quads, hate driving them!