ALBION Cx22

T corbin

I have been asked for a insurance value for the Albion CX22 that is at DUXFORD.It has been in a museum for the last 45 years it came out of POUNDS yard . in 1965 . went to SPARSHACKS museum at PORTMOUTH .Then sold to KEN SEINER museum Chertsey .We bought in 1971 an drove it to DUXFORD & is still their . It has not been restored but some timber in the back replaced All 90% original even the tilt . How do i value it ??? T CORBIN

Not an easy thing to do as I'm sure you already know, it really depends how you look at it I suppose.

If you consider the truck within it's historical context as an original example of a rare type it should be valued very highly.

However if you consider the potential at sale hammer price for a non main stream large WW11 British truck it's appeal may be limited (wrongly in my opinion) and this would obviously be reflected in the price.

If I were to guess and that is all it is, I would be pitching between £10 to £15K based on rarity and originality.

Pete

I have seen one other complete and that was along time ago in a barn in Kent. Value is subjective considering jeeps with repro bodys sold as original get prices out of proportion to rarity. Being a large British vehicle of true rarity should command a significant sum, say upwards of £20k

Desirability is just as important if not more than rarity. They don't always go hand in hand.

Something which is big, saw little use and to the guys who like dressing up hard to portray accuracy, limits the market.

Having said this looking at the silly prices which are being asked for a lot of British vehicles at the moment, providing it needs no major work, you would like to think it may reach £15,000 to £20,000.

I'd take a look at the Surveyors ways of valuing - they deal with unique buildings, infrastructure and art all the time.

If that's not an option, you could maybe take a look at other ww2 kit to be sold at auction etc. and look at the percentage uplift for originality. Then you can increase the value of this in the same ratio.