Daimler Ferret Turn Signals

Chris Preston

Greetings All,

I've got the brakes sorted out on our museum's Ferret and am now tackeling our lack of turn signals. I have power to all the running, side and brake-lights, but no turn signals (no flashing, although the lights are burning). Today I pulled the complete black turn-signal unit out of the Ferret, and opened it up. Inside I found 2 units with the top one being the right-left turn signal switch with 6 terminals, and the bottom one being the actual flasher unit (?) with 3 terminals (and the one I suspect has failed). This unit is a Bosch 24v 2 x 18w flasher with the following number: 0 336 102 026. Is this the correct unit, and if so, where do I find one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris Preston,

Victoria, BC,

Canada

When you activate the indicators, do they light up at all, partially flash or not light? The old style flashers make use of a bimetallic strip and are quite sensitive to the resistance of the globes fitted, which may prevent them from operating correctly if you have incorrect wattages or blown globes.

Cheers,

Terry

Hi Terry,

All the lights have power to them - when I turn them "on" they all light up/ When I activate the turn signal switch to indicate a right or left turn - nothing happens - no flashing. The light in question continues to remain on. It appears that someone has replaced the correct flasher unit - (a Lucas 24V/48W flasher) with an incorrect Bosch unit of 24v 2 x 18w, so I'll be ordering a new Lucas one.

Cheers,

Chris