Dont restore Military vehicles but admire you all for your work on them

auster693

I dont restore Military vehicles but admire you all for your work on them.

What i love to restore is Ex British Military aircraft so It is much the same thing.

The one I am currently working on will fly this coming year for the first time in over 40+ years

7 Flt Taiping 1961 Road landings Sungei Siput WZ 706 XK 376 Glyn Chambers.jpg

It is Auster AOP9 WZ706 the pictures show it on active duty with the FEAF in Malaya and it is being restored exactly as to the pictures show it.

I have some great pictures at one of your meets at Lower Rissingdon airfield which are a bit to large to upload but I will get them scaled down and post soon.

It shows a collection of Jeeps in front of the old control tower with a defensive pill box infront of it and a couple of Auster OAPs parked up it was a great line up in a good wartime setting.

cheers

Peter

attachment.jpg

That's a nice aircraft , I hung the one that is in the royal artillery museum. We have a 1943 MK 1 Auster in a hanger that needs another engine as the oil pressure is low after 10 mins flying (common fault is the oil gallery cracking ). Any help in finding another lump would be great !

That's a nice aircraft , I hung the one that is in the royal artillery museum. We have a 1943 MK 1 Auster in a hanger that needs another engine as the oil pressure is low after 10 mins flying (common fault is the oil gallery cracking ). Any help in finding another lump would be great !

Give me a ring on 07779080946 might be able to help

cheers Peter