wc52 radio mounts

Nitro

Hi all, I'm just starting to restore my wc52 radio truck. All the pictures I've seen of them show only 1 aerial mount on the back, some left but mainly right. My dodge has a mount on the left but also has the holes for a bracket on the right, question is did some of these have 2 aerials or could it be a post war mod?

Thanks chaps.

I've got a photocopy of some sections of TM11-2725 (courtesy of Ken Pugh). I've only got the sections relevant to my Dodge (1944 WC51 6v) but they show two positions for the antenna base dependant on which radio set is used. The SCR-610 used an MP-48 or 48A base mounted on the front left of the cargo box and the SCR-694 used an MP-65 base mounted on the back right of the cargo box. Becker and Dentzer's Dodge book shows these locations and also the antenna base location for the SCR-508/510/528 and the SCR-608/628 (12 v) which is on the left rear cargo box. The front right cargo box is also shown as a location for the antenna base when using the SCR-193 12v radio set. So it would look like both your positions could be correct depending on which radio set was used! Whether vehicles were equipped with two different radio sets and two different locations for the antenna base at the same time, I don't know!

Chris.