Another new Quad-nut

WWilkinson

Hi all, it must be Quad season...

Having lurked around the forum for a few weeks, it was time to "come out" as I've recently acquired a Mk-2 Morris C8 Quad.

Looking forward to getting my teeth into it (possibly literally, on the electrics) and first job will be some form of roof & bodywork - the domestic goddess has not granted blessing & boon on this particular project... :blush:

Saying "but it's sooo much smaller and practical that a steam loco - and we can take the whole family to War & Peace in it" was apparently a mistake. Perhaps the "but it's 4-wheel drive and can get the kids to school in bad weather" didn't help.

There are a lot of experienced folk here on the forum - I am really looking forward to your sage advice and assistance.

ah - Vince, there you are :-)

I did a whole week in the workshop, muttering about bl**dy crews who ruin injectors: as I stripped, cleaned lapped & re-fitted the water feed valve.

Then went out firing it for a day and muttered about bl**dy workshops who can't stop steam blowing-by!

Ah Will, breaking cover! The advantage with the steam engines we play with is they're not our problem to fix if they break!

Vince

• 4 months later...
Hi all, it must be Quad season...

Having lurked around the forum for a few weeks, it was time to "come out" as I've recently acquired a Mk-2 Morris C8 Quad.

Looking forward to getting my teeth into it (possibly literally, on the electrics) and first job will be some form of roof & bodywork - the domestic goddess has not granted blessing & boon on this particular project... :blush:

Saying "but it's sooo much smaller and practical that a steam loco - and we can take the whole family to War & Peace in it" was apparently a mistake. Perhaps the "but it's 4-wheel drive and can get the kids to school in bad weather" didn't help.

There are a lot of experienced folk here on the forum - I am really looking forward to your sage advice and assistance.

Pictures!:D