Isle of Wight Military History Museum

trophy160

Its now re-opening with the rather strange name The CHARM Museum, [Conflict, History & Rememberance Museum], could create confusion that its a place full of tacky jewellery? Is the name going to attract visitors?

Hopefully may get a better understanding when more information and pictures are released.

Update on Charm, it's become more popular than the previous version due to the diverse nature and hard work undertaken by all off the volunteers on site, Stan has a very hard working team and this place will without doubt become one of the top attractions on the island..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

running anything like this must be hard work. I am currently trying to find a place for my collection but I am being hounded out of everywhere...I have the perfect place In south Alton but its now in the south downs national park and I am told that there will be no chance of getting it approved, cant even build myself a house to live on my own land even though I want to put my cattle there...its ludicrous...

the Uk is not an easy place to do anything, create a business, create jobs or to earn a living...forget it...save the trees and the wildlife and you may have a chance to do something...European union will give you money to do that...

this country is slowly killing itself with rules and regulations trying to stop this and control that to the point where nothing will happen and we will be left behind by the rest of the world..

Hi hi did you ever have any joy with your museum idea at all?