Carrier wheels

25 pounder

Last week I bought 2 carrier wheels , fair condition , but one rubber tyre is much larger than the other .

Have they been manufactured with different tyres ( size ) ?

I remember one of the resto carrier threads mentioned this. Think the American/ Canadian rubber is different to the UK one's.

I'm no expert on these but I'm waiting to be corrected by the carrier fraternity!

The track return rollers had different rubber thicknesses depending on year and ended up without any cushioning at all. Road wheels always had the same rubber tyre, however the front idler wheel is only 19" dia and I think the diameter difference is down to a thinner tyre.

I remember one of the resto carrier threads mentioned this. Think the American/ Canadian rubber is different to the UK one's.

I'm no expert on these but I'm waiting to be corrected by the carrier fraternity!

I think you will find the Canadian and UK wheels are same width, but Australian ones were wider, due to wider track (same width as used on Vickers Light tanks).