Found my grandad on eBay !!

Locolines

image.jpgIt's amazing what you can find on eBay.. I did a search on the Queens Royal West Surrey regiment, and to my amazement there's a picture of grandad , no doubt about it, it's him...( arrowed ). All for 99p. There's no date on the back, but it seems to be 1917 / 1918 .. He was wounded, we think by gas , then went to the labour corps and then the RFC at Thetford in we think 1918.

great piece of family history. Picture now sits in a cabinet made by him in the 1920s. Over the moon :D

[attach=config]81044[/attach]it's amazing what you can find on ebay.. I did a search on the queens royal west surrey regiment, and to my amazement there's a picture of grandad , no doubt about it, it's him...( arrowed ). All for 99p. There's no date on the back, but it seems to be 1917 / 1918 .. He was wounded, we think by gas , then went to the labour corps and then the rfc at thetford in we think 1918.

Great piece of family history. Picture now sits in a cabinet made by him in the 1920s. Over the moon :D

what a wonderful lovely find ! Beautiful !

Wonderful. eBay has always been a mystery to me - which sums me up really. You have done well. That is a great find. Is it an original print? I'm a photo archives man by profession and this stuff interests me - the backs tell more than the front.

MB :)

Wonderful. eBay has always been a mystery to me - which sums me up really. You have done well. That is a great find. Is it an original print? I'm a photo archives man by profession and this stuff interests me - the backs tell more than the front.

MB :)

yes its original. On the back in pencil it just says "queens Royal west Surreys "