Commer Q4 4x4 recovery Chertsey 1958 ? RGX 139

ted angus

Gents I am looking for photographs of the attached, I believe it was shown at the 1958 Chertsey show as FV 13218,

It was mentioned in a fairly recent Classic Military Vehicle mag in a letter in reply to an article on the Commer Q4 variants.

The letter stated it bore the MoS reg number of RGX 133 but having found this picture in my files I know it is actually RGX 139. Any help would be gratefully recieved .

I am also looking for pictures of a handful of the Commer Q4 with workshop bodies that were reregistered to the RAF.

Thank You

Regards

TED

RGX 139 enhanced.jpg

JUST looked it up it appears in the 1956 CHERTSEY BOOK EXHIBIT 51 PAGES 144 /145 but you may already know this

Hi Wally , the only reference I have is in Pat Ware's book on FVRE types he quotes 1958 -?? his typo no doubt ?? - and the picture I posted; anything else very gratefully received; I am building a model, I know the underbody layout is different from the later Bedford RL - thant can be seen from the pic I posted, but the dimension from behind the cab to the rear axle is shorter on the Commer so the near side body will be different as well- at the moment I am assuming the nearside is the same as the Bedford but with one less stowage comp ; Here is where I am so far but changes can still be made ??

TED

q4 1.jpg

q4 2.jpg

TED l will look and see if l have any Drawings OF Q 4s if that will help if you could give me a list of information that would help you no matter what give me a try Even l do not know whats in the files no matter how Daft like YOUR model over the years l have collected quite a few most where presentions biggest is 5ft 6 long 14 inches wide 11 inches high in metal of the scammell commander and trailer l envy any one like you who can make models

REGARDS WALLY

TED l will look and see if l have any Drawings OF Q 4s if that will help if you could give me a list of information that would help you no matter what give me a try Even l do not know whats in the files no matter how Daft like YOUR model over the years l have collected quite a few most where presentions biggest is 5ft 6 long 14 inches wide 11 inches high in metal of the scammell commander and trailer l envy any one like you who can make models

REGARDS WALLY

Wally what I could do with is a nearside view or drawing and a rear view or drawing of the recovery example. ;

regards

TED

TED

l found the photo albums that cover the 1954 /56 exhibtions but while all the commer types are there the pictures of recovery commer are not also l have been through all the line drawings and again there is no drawings great set of photos of the bedford RLW but l do not think thats of help sorry

REGARDS WALLY

• 3 weeks later...

TED here is a list of what l have found up now out side shots and internal

FV 13210 machinery with penthouse

FV 13209

FV 13207 BODY

FV 13208 [[[[[[

FV 13206 35 BH 69

FV 13205 35 BH 46

FV 13203 36 BH 25

ALL with bodies if you want copies let me know the best way to get them to you

REGARDS WALLY