landrover wolf

Depends how its registered. I registered mine an estate car:red:. I told the man behind the counter it was an ex military vehicle and has 7 seats! What like an estate car/ people carrier he said. Yep say's I its also a convertible. Estate car it is then!!

The TFL website doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes. My 110 Wolf is compliant whereas my 90 Wolf isn't. They are both 1997 EGR fitted vehicles i.e. identical engines, and registered the same with DVLA as 'Utility'. Work that one out!

Hi

I am now totally confused.

I went to LEZ website and put in my registration and it said my vehicle was compliant.

However, when I put in the vehicle details it says it is not!

Does anyone understand please?

Thanks,

Martin

WHAT!!! You expect it to make sense! :wow: If LEZ says registration compliant go for it! The LEZ reply to any query 'Information supplied by DVLA', so put the two together and... WERE DOOOOOMED!

Depends how its registered. I registered mine an estate car:red:. I told the man behind the counter it was an ex military vehicle and has 7 seats! What like an estate car/ people carrier he said. Yep say's I its also a convertible. Estate car it is then!!

Yep! one 110 safari, come right in, a 110 hard top...Curse of the Devil.. unles you wanrt to pay us £200 for the privilige of entering our dirty, money grubbing...I'm off for a lie down.

The LEZ dosn't apply to anything with a petrol engine. so a Snatch would be fine so would be a rapier 127.

You can try using it if it is ok you wont hear anything if not then you will get the letter giving you a month to get it compliant but no fine.

The letter is the death knell because that means that it will never be able to enter the LEZ again I think the charge for a land rover would be £100.00 because of its size.

There are very few exceptions the rules were drawn up by Ken Livingstone not known for his love of motor vehicles.

Where I live on the edge of the zone it is stupidity plus. I have to make a bloody great detour on occasion because of two hundered yards of LEZ. A friend tried to get her lorry sorted out. The LEZ reply 'There is no such vehicle!' I was standing looking at the &^%$$* thing! No acording to the LEZ mini brain, it didn't exist. Fine off for a drive! :-D

Yes. If it an 'Estae' fine. Utility BANNED! Trouble is with a lot of older Landy's you have the 'Dual Purpose' ruloing from back in the '50's. So some are registerd utilty , some as domestic estate, it was down to variuos tax advantages at the time.

If it were that simple. Both of mine are registered as 'Utility' and the 90 is 'non compliant' whereas the 110 comes back as:

"According to our records this vehicle is not subject to the Low Emission Zone and is not required to meet the Low Emission Zone standards this time".

By that I can only assume that it's OK to be used in the LEZ.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks.

Mine is taxed as private HGV and registered as a motor caravan.

M

Interesting. How come it's taxed as Private HGV?

Doesn't it have to have a 'revenue weight' in excess of 3500kg for this to be the case? If so, the driver would also need C or C1 cats on his/her licence.