Chevrolet cmp c15

Yoony

If you go onto the Maple Leaf Up forum and search for "tool box" you should find a thread with some PDFs of plans to fabricate a new behind-cab toolbox with the spare wheel clamp in the middle.

This wasn't the same for all models though.

• There's an Aussie version with a taller box on one side and a frame/ladder for the spare if you have an Aussie manufactured truck (rectangular ventilator panel at your feet).
  • There's also a no-spare-wheel version with longer fold-up lids, which I presume went with run-flat tyres (no spare tyre holder needed).

Edited by Lauren Child

The key to your question is what type of C15 or C15A do you have?. I'm assuming you may have a 13 cab from your post?

Is it 11 cab early April 1940 to late summer 1940, or 11 cab late summer 1940 to feb march 1941, or 12 cab feb march 1941 to fed march 1942 or 13 cab feb march 1942 to 1945 and I think from memory that there were changes to the clam shell brackets for the spare wheel on late production 13 cabs but I'd have to check my records to be sure.

I aware this all may sound a bit pedantic however there were a number of significant changes to tool box design during the early period of production depending on type of vehicle and period of manufacture. As Lauren suggests do a search on MLU there has been a fair amount of discussion on this subject.

I have a full set of plans for the transverse tool box that I have supplied to several members of MLU. I produced these from original examples for mid range 12 cab C15A and used them to construct a tool box for my C15A (tha'ts the one that features on the home page of MLU) let me know if you would like a copy.

Pete

Edited by Pete Ashby

My mistake not enough information

This is Chevrolet C15 4x2 cab 13, august 1943

Lauren this forum is very interesting and I found this during my google researches.

I tried to register there some time ago but without success.

Pete I will send you PW