Shuttleworth Collection Wings and Wheels Show 28th July 2013

Hello on the 28th of July we are hosting a joint flying display/ pre 1960's car show at the Shuttleworth Collection near Biggleswade in Bedfordshire, the driver and vehicle of any pre-registered pre 1960's cars can get in free and pre-registered passengers can get in half price (£12) for more information click this link http://www.shuttleworth.org/tickets/event-details.asp?ID=201 I have been told we are trying to set aside areas for vehicle classes so I will bring along the family's Dodge WC54, Ford GPW and M3 Halftrack and try to put some of the collection's vehicles with us for a military section and it'd be great to see some of you guys and girls and your toys. Closing date for registration is 19th July and if we have weather like we had last night it'll be a great show.

Bit of an update on the flying visiting display acts as well as several of the based aircraft the flying display will include; an Extra 300s aerobatic aircraft, Jet provost, Avro Anson, The Red Sparrows display team, Spartan Executive. Douglas Dakota from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and a flypast from the Red Arrows display team.

Hope to see some of you there

Steve

Hello on the 28th of July we are hosting a joint flying display/ pre 1960's car show at the Shuttleworth Collection near Biggleswade in Bedfordshire, the driver and vehicle of any pre-registered pre 1960's cars can get in free and pre-registered passengers can get in half price (£12) for more information click this link http://www.shuttleworth.org/tickets/event-details.asp?ID=201 I have been told we are trying to set aside areas for vehicle classes so I will bring along the family's Dodge WC54, Ford GPW and M3 Halftrack and try to put some of the collection's vehicles with us for a military section and it'd be great to see some of you guys and girls and your toys. Closing date for registration is 19th July and if we have weather like we had last night it'll be a great show.

When will organisors understand that vehicle owners dont want to pay that amount of money to help create a show :embarrassed:

:embarrassed::embarrassed:

I tend to agree with Gas 44. No vehicles/reenactors, no show. As it is, it costs us £ just to get to the shows, let alone being charged to help out. As times are hard all round this year, it'll be interesting to see how well the "Pay For The Privilege" shows do with their turnouts. I can only hope that you get a good display at Shuttleworth this year. All the best!

Are the 2 Anson's going to be flying in formation?

That will tempt me to pop up for a visit.

Sadly can only manage a 2000 Astra 1972 Land Rover

Always enjoy my visits to Old Warden

Mike

I would hope that they will fly together as we seem to be concentrating on unusual formations this year but I can't be certain. I understand how people feel about paying to go into a show with your own vehicle but there are worse prices to be paid at other similar events and all the money raised from the shows does go the registered charity to ensure that the collection continues, I can assure you no one gets rich on the back of the shows at old warden. :shocked: I hope to see some of you there.

Steve.