Mystery door lock - What are they from?

paul connor

I know these locks look like standard Land Rover items, but I believe that they are unique to Snatch - they have much longer threaded spindles to pass through the thickness of the armour and enable the outer handles to be detached so that the lock can be replaced from the inside of the door. They are NP Aerospace parts rather than Land Rover.Left Hand Lock:-NSN 7NP 2540-99-168-7468NP Part No. 11431-011 Right Hand Lock:-NSN 7NP 2540-99-708-9389 NP Part No. 11430-11

Hi Paul,

The company NP Aerospace, or National Plastic had there own part numbers, 11431-011 for LH door and 11430-011 for RH. I believe the actually maker of the door locks was Widney UK Ltd, Plume Street, Aston, Birmingham, B6 7SA. They had their own part ref. no's, 76/52632-LH and 76/52633-RH. Worth contacting Widney if you are after a replacement as it is quite possibly an off the shelf lock for other application as well. The company are well known for vehicle sliding seat runners, sliding windows in buses and all manner of auto body parts.

regards, Richard