Can I FOI request a Bedford I do not own?

camrhee

I am trying to find what happened to a particular vehicle. It was one my late brother whilst serving with the RAF regiment had his picture taken in. Sentimental of me in know. For my own FOI merlin reports they comeback saying, as you are now the owner of XX XX XX and under the FOI we have enclosed....etc But I'm not even too sure if this truck being from the late eighties made it onto merlin and as its from the back I can only assume 38AJ83 was a Bedford and a lot of them seem to have gone on for donkeys so it could of. But am I allowed to FOI something I do not own?

You don't need an FOI the info is freely availible; the record cards are at the RAF museum Hendon. If they have the card they will copy it for you for a tiny fee. Go to their website phone the number or go to their website and e mail them and ask if they have the card and if so request a copy, the normal charge is about 24 p per sheet +p&P aome cards are just 1 sheet some run to 3 or 4. But be aware a percentage of cards are missing. good luck

TED