WW2 British Vehicle Wiring of Convoy lights

Can anyone shed more light on what year these were brought in, when did we paint the rear Diff. White ?

also anmyone got a basic wiring diagram that shows how the lamp is fed, via the lucas switch at the rear end and which circuit it cuts into ?

Thanks

Jules

Can anyone shed more light on what year these were brought in, when did we paint the rear Diff. White ?

also anmyone got a basic wiring diagram that shows how the lamp is fed, via the lucas switch at the rear end and which circuit it cuts into ?

Thanks

Jules

Jules,

Not sure which vehicle in particular you are referring to, but most wiring diagrams will show the same. The convoy lamp is run from the rear lamp circuit. Most MV's of the period had a "rear only" position on the light switch, this fed to the back of the vehicle and a changeover switch where convoy or rear could be selected.

regards, Richard

My Humber.................

yes, thanks Richard, funny enough the Humber wiring diagram does not show it, so really i just have to cut into the supply for Rear Light and add the change over switch.

I do know the switch fits under the back body/near the rear axle.

Jules

My Humber.................

yes, thanks Richard, funny enough the Humber wiring diagram does not show it, so really i just have to cut into the supply for Rear Light and add the change over switch.

I do know the switch fits under the back body/near the rear axle.

Jules

Hi Jules,

It shows the switch in the wiring diagram I have here for a Personnel truck, and for the Utility. I could copy it to you.

Richard

Hi Jules,

It shows the switch in the wiring diagram I have here for a Personnel truck, and for the Utility. I could copy it to you.

Richard

Thanks Richard, i'll have a closer look tonight then, must have over looked it...........

Cheers

Jules

The painted white circle for the convoy light (with black numbering for unit serial number) is shown on Vehicle Marking 1943 published 20 Oct 1943.

That may not be the first mention, but it is at least an indication of when it had become standard by.