Does anyone remember the Petrol Crisis of 2001?

M5Clive

What I remember is that for the first week everybody supported the tanker driver's, and after a week everyone was getting fed up with no petrol and was glad that the tanker drivers went back to work.

This is why the goverment screw us, they know we will give in.

We were about to head off to Arnhem for the anniversary march from the drop zones to the bridge, but none of our group had any petrol. Then one day at work, someone came in late and said there was queue of people at a local petrol station, which had apparently received a tankerload. Everyone dashed down there and after waiting in the queue for about an hour I got a tank full. It was enough to get four of us to the ferry for the trip and everything worked out fine.

Very nice looking Black Lab there, how old 20 weeks?

During the 2001 petrol strike I was on the team re-furbishing an Asda superstore, we had an agreement with Asda that we could fill up at the store petrol station but only in the early hours because as soon as the lights went on people started to queue.

I must have gone to work in a diffrent vehicle every day for a couple of weeks, even the bikes got a full tank of gas :roll:

Have you seen what vets charge these days for a sprained hind-leg on a Labrador?

It would have been much cheaper to tow it myself :oops2:

In reply to the earlier question, Ike was actually about 5 1/2 there. Pic was taken about 18 months ago.

He was a Millenium Labrador - Born in Lambourne, Berkshire in August 2000 :-)

no petrol, Govt cutbacks, where will it end?

width=640 height=478http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/whistlinwolf/TrikeGPMG.jpg[/img]

Nice to see the Royal Tank Regiment displaying their new kit. The all wheel drive vehicle is a superb example of British engineering and government efforts to bring the get the best equipment at the best price. They've ordered seven (£350 from Bikeworld - Westcliff On Sea) and a full maintenance package (£22,000,0000 from MuppetMinisterInc).