Checking SORN status on line

gritineye

When I do a vehicle check on vehicle I know is SORNed on the DVLA site, it shows it as Unlicensed, not SORN, is this OK does it always work like that?

Did you Sorn online? if so you could of opted for an Email & Txt confirmation..

I just checked a vehicle sorn'd a few days ago which I had a email & txt notification confirming it had been sorn'd & it was showing as not sorn'd & the following message..

Please be aware that if the vehicle has recently been relicensed or a SORN declared, these details may not yet be updated on the vehicle record.

If you think that the details on the vehicle record are incorrect please write to:VCSDVLASwanseaSA99 1BAPlease include the incorrect V5C Registration Certificate for amendment.

Thanks chaps, bit late replying due to chimney fire issues..

The vehicle has been SORNed since I bought it 03/04/2010

The last owner got a failure to relicense penalty notice, which as she is old and forgetful her friend got that put aside, explaining that it was now in my possession and in bits.

I have SORNed it on line each year since but didn't notice I could opt for email, just kept a screen shot of page, which I can't now find...I have the date on my phone diary which kindly rings me each year to reminded me to check.

I have not received this years reminder through the post.

Vehicle Enquiry says Unlicensed, date of liability 03/04/10!!!

As I have never received a penalty notice they must have it as SORNed on their system, I wonder if this is something to do with the recent budget, and DVLA have done their usual trick of loosing data then expecting us punters to prove they haven't!

Not sure what to do next as if they kick up I have nothing to show them.

Interesting just checked my Chevy M6, says unlicensed!! Was SORN when I purchased it and never had a reminder. I'll be digging out the V5 and SORN it shortly!! This is obviously quite a common problem, I guess across the whole vintage vehicle world!

I have to check the Acmat when it turns up as the PO could not find the V5 and a new one is enroute from DVLA so I cant check it until I have that.

Was thinking of taxing to have a final play around in the UK but not really worth the extra cash expediture, mind you when is war and peace?

Interesting just checked my Chevy M6, says unlicensed!! Was SORN when I purchased it and never had a reminder. I'll be digging out the V5 and SORN it shortly!! This is obviously quite a common problem, I guess across the whole vintage vehicle world!

When you buy something that's SORNed, the new owner has to declare it SORN all over again, even if the previous owner's SORN hasn't expired. If you don't a penalty notice will arrive - guess how I know this?

When you buy something that's SORNed, the new owner has to declare it SORN all over again, even if the previous owner's SORN hasn't expired. If you don't a penalty notice will arrive - guess how I know this?

That's good to know as I am not too familiar with UK rules, lucky I looked into this thread :D

Is there an email address to contact dvla at as vehicle arrives on the 16th in Cambridge, hopefully with the new V5?

Yes, I am thinking that as I haven't received a penalty notice their records must show SORN.

I SORNed it y'day and it now says 'SORN Not Due' on the enquiry site.

The date of liability is now 01 04 2014, so it looks like continuous SORN hasn't kicked in yet!

Intensive anti postie training has started for the dog, and an anger management course for me in anticipation of the inevitable.......