Stuart Tank Falls Off Trailer

Steve Greenberg

Hello,

Just kidding :-D After a very long day the trucker driver asked me if I thoughT my tank could drive off the trailer so he would not have to unhook the truck. I told him I had never tried that before but I don't see any problem. I drove off just fine. I stopped to take a few photos!

Enjoy,

Steveicon_cool.gif

Im sure a couple of passers buy could help you `BUMP` it back on there.....!!!! Get me coat I think...!!!:nut:

Hello,

My tank just got back from a trip to its birthplace!!! Berwick, PA. The Berwick Historical Society paid for all the expenses to haul my tank and me back for the 200th Bicentenial of Columbia County. It was just under 5,800 miles round trip. I drove my tank in a parade in Bloomsburg, PA. on Saturday 23 March and the tank was on display Sunday 24 March at the old tank test track in Berwick. A WWII USMC Veteran by the name of Fred Shepperly rode in the turret during the parade. He is almost 92 years old. Fred worked at A.C.F. prior to WWII. I met several people who built M3/M3A1 Stuart tanks at American Car & Foundry Co. It was amazing to be able to talk with them and hear thier storys from 70 years ago. One guy told me how they welded up the idler and road wheels. Another guy was a tank test driver and others with lots of great stories. I heard for 100's of people who had fathers, mothers, brothers, and grandfathers that worked at ACF during WWII. The people there were very proud of the what thier town did for the war effort. I was amazed how everyone really appreciated me taking the time off to have my tank there. I had Fred sign the top of my turret! While in Berwick I drove my tank to the place where A.C.F. use to be. 3 of the original buildings are still standing so I took a few photos next to one of the buildings. Then we drove to Subway for lunch! Then it was off the old rail head. One of the old concrete ramps used to load the Stuart tanks onto flatcars was still there so I drove up it for a few more photos. Here are some photos of the trip.

Enjoy,

Steve

PS I am glad that was not my tank in the photo above!!!

IMG_5166.JPG

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5219.jpg

IMG_5221.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

Edited by Steve Greenberg