Bedford QL series in Post War service

From stories I've herad 1972 was about the year the last ones were cast. Get your moneys worth out of them! :-D

I knew of one still in service with Regular army in 1975, probably disposed of within the following year. My own one was disposed of from Danish Army in 1987, following initial service with British army.

Hello,

We got a QL form our local TA in about 1990, well it wasn't quite a full QL but the QL training chassis, the complete chassis and running gear, but it had all been cut to see the moving parts. Remember my dad being quite disappointed, although everything was new it was unusable due to the work done.

About the same time or possibly a few years after 1995-6?, two QLs turned up on a remote airfield, and were sold by the ministry, think there may have been a matador too. They had been converted to snow ploughs and were painted yellow. A chap near us ended up with one and they were in remarkable condition.

Regards

John